According to the Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report 2020, North America organizations:
- Suffered greatly from financially motivated attacks against web applications infrastructure using stolen credentials.
- Social engineering attacks encouraging the sharing of credentials.
- There was a prevalence of employee error (privilege misuse, mis delivery, misconfiguration and data mishandling).
Their survey summarized attack’s in Europe as targeting web applications with a combination of hacking techniques that leverage stolen credentials or known vulnerabilities.
The UK Government Cyber Breaches Survey 2020 confirms that Cyber-attacks have evolved and become more frequent. In the report they highlight that:
- A rise in businesses experiencing phishing attacks (86%).
- Breaches that result in negative outcomes incur substantial costs!
- There are more that organizations can do such as audits, cyber insurance, supplier risk and breach reporting.
The 2020 Cyberthreat Defense Report confirmed "THE BAD GUYS ARE MORE ACTIVE THAN EVER". The top 3 problems identified that:
- Over 80% of surveyed organizations were victims of a successful cyber-attack!
- Ransomware attacks and payments continue to rise. 62% of surveyed organizations fell victim, 58% of these ended up paying the ransom!
- The biggest barrier to effective defenses is lack of skilled IT Security Personnel and poor security awareness training.
Are you prepared to defend against a malicious hacker, insider, or an employee who makes a simple mistake or a Court Case?
Can you afford to lose data, intellectual property, your customers, your business, even bankruptcy and your personal assets?